Friday, June 6, 2008

A look at my life

Looking back at all the things I have done in my life I ask myself, how did I get here? Thank God there is forgiveness, I would hate to think where I would be if there were no second chances. I'm looking at the kids right now, I watch how they sleep and thank God that I can, back in 06 I would have killed for this, and I never in my wildest dreams thought I could get this all back.

I remember seeing my family go on and live without me, I had no control what they ate where they went or even what they watched on TV, I saw Roger go on and start to make a new life and I didn't know anything about it. But now that I look back when I did have control of everything,where was God? I knew he was there and that I could pray if I needed something but did I let him in?God is so much more in our live thenbefore.Ihave a new out look on God. Youdon't pray to him when you need something, you pray to talk with him so you can walk this world with him at his side.

When people ask me, what's differant this time in your marriage? At first I didn't know what to say, I knew in my heart,and I was excited but I couldn't put it into words until now. So what's differant in our marriage and in our lives this time around is, you ready? It's summed up in one word! GOD!!!

God was there Sunday when we renewed our vows, I saw him! I saw him in every one's face that day! I tell everyone that it was so moving, so much different then before. It's so much better now that God is in it. I can't wait to start this new life with him, and that's so much different in my past life cause I could care less about life, but now I can't wait to see what happens next. And I know there will be hard times but it doesn't scare me like before. He is always here, even when you push him away he is still waiting for you to grab onto him. And that is what is so different this time, our marriage is going to have it's ups and downs and that's OK, we don't have to pretend there's no problems cause I know everyone has their ups and downs and God is right there with us on our own roller coasters!

I'm so lucky to have found this new life, I can't wait to see what's around the corner, and the best thing of all is I have the coolest church family to walk with us! .

7 comments:

GIG' EM said...

You are absolutly right!! God is the reason we are a family again.
I love you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy are flowing from my eyes right now! We are SO blessed to have a God who loves us SO much!

When reading your post it reminds me of how our stories are so much alike in so many ways! I'm really blessed to serve a forgiving, merciful, graceful and loving God! It makes the bumps in the road much easier to travel with Him by my side.

Always know that I'm here for you and Rob for Roger! Our arms, hearts and home will always be open! Thank you for sharing, God is really working in you both!

Love ya girl, and yes, you too Roger!! Blessings and Love!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for allowing us to share in your new life.

-1 Corinthians 10:13-14

Rachel said...

i've got tears of joy too!!! i am so happy and thankful for y'all!! you both are an inspiration to me! God has done such amazing things through both of you individually and as a couple. I love watching Him use y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

I too have tears of joys as I read this. Amber, you are such an AWESOME woman...whom I admire SO much! You and your family are such a blessing to our family and CJ!! We love you!

thestephen4 said...

Amber,
Thank you for sharing such a precious blog with the world.(Found ya through Rachel's blog)
Our God is a merciful, loving, and faithful Father. He never leaves us, always guides us and NEVER fails us. I am so thankful for the joy that you and Roger have found in your hearts once again for each other.
Blessings to you and your precious family!

Heather

Chris Chappotin said...

Were these first few blogs just to taunt us?